Monday 10 November 2014

#24 A Freakish Halloween Experience

     Last weekend, both of my cousins, Vicky and Foong paid a ‘surprising’ visit on the evening of Halloween.

     While my family has not been a habitual celebrant of that occasion, we had our dinner and rushed back home early to avoid the expected congestions on most major roads in the city.


     Just because we had our dinner near a popular shopping mall renowned for its celebratory count-downs in festive periods, we started to observe teenagers roaming the streets in grotesque costumes waiting to prey on passerby with their threatening minor pranks.

    In one occasion, I saw a lady got freaked out as one of the ‘monster’ waited in ambush and suddenly leaped in her back, much to her terror. Little did I thought that ‘my turn’ to get spooked is just lurking elsewhere.

     As I got home, my instincts told me something was not right as I could see Foong smirking cheekily with his sister, Vicky and I probably sensed it may be associated with me. It won’t take long just as I turned my back and headed into the kitchen to get a glass of milk then in split seconds, Foong ambuscade from behind.

     I were caught by surprise because the prospects of a mysterious, shadowy figure coming without any hint gave me all the creeps.

    To add to my fear and anxiety, the kitchen was lightless and I noticed Foong covered his face completely with powder. Haha!

     Not bad, not bad. I have that thought in mind, considering how clever an eleven-year-old boy with the effort to make himself look more horrifying in attempt to pull out a hoax on a faint-hearted person like me! [ Laughs ]

By: Vincent Ti

No comments:

Post a Comment